ASSOCIATION FOR ENERGY STORAGE (AKU-BAT CZ)
AKU-BAT CZ, z.s. is an association bringing together the most important actors active in the field of energy storage.
The diversity of the association’s members determines our comprehensive view on energy storage as a whole. The members of our association are multinational energy companies, international and domestic battery manufacturers, the most important players in the renewable energy field, prestigious banks, universities, research institutions, associations, industrial companies, energy consulting companies and law firms.
We are a founding member of the Union of Modern Energy (Svaz moderní energetiky). Jan Fousek, CEO of AKU-BAT CZ, is a member of the Union’s Board.
The goal of the Association for energy storage (AKU-BAT CZ) is to promote favourable conditions for the development of all types of energy storage (batteries, hydrogen, Power 2 gas, Power 2 heat etc.).
As the very first association of its kind in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, AKU-BAT CZ was created in response to the current boom in the development of renewable energy sources resulting in the need to efficiently accumulate electric power. We are convinced that energy storage makes renewable sources a baseload source and if the Czech Republic wants to meet its climate commitments and not lose its pace with the rest of Europe, the state must stop hampering its development.
By pushing for the change of the relevant legislation, we strive to create basic rules for energy storage, which are still missing in our country.
Association priorities and objectives
- Introduction of the concept of energy storage into the Energy Act, including the establishment of new business activity in the energy sector with a separate category of license
- Mutual cooperation of entities active in the whole spectrum of services related to energy storage, e-mobility, construction and service of energy resources
- Help with organizing tenders for the construction of storage facilities and mediating contacts with our members from a wide range of battery manufacturers (BESS), electrical installation companies, consulting companies, software companies, banks, etc.
- Support for electromobility development
- Issue of energy storage licence by the Energy Regulatory Office
- Use of energy storage as an element of flexibility, development of renewable sources, e-mobility, aggregation and others
- Support for use of energy storage in industry
- Enable stand-alone batteries to become a common part of the grid
- Support for development of hydrogen technologies